This weekend I will participate in a triathlon. I don't know what it is about the sport, but I love it. Don't get me wrong, I complain about the training, second guess my decision to compete EVERY year and then it happens.
Race day gets closer and closer.
I get out on the course.
...and I fall in love again with the sport.
This year there have been course changes. First they changed the course to be different than previous years. Then this week, they changed the course to be different than the changed course.
I went out and rode my bike today and was surprised at the newer course, but enjoyed getting up to 30 MPH on my bike going down a hill. With that kind of speed, you really can increase your average MPH which is great for overall time.
So, to the new route - bring it on!
Now for the new terms. Even with padding in my bike shorts, I still feel a little of discomfort when getting down in an aerodynamic position. It goes back to the 'sitting on my package' deal. Anyway, I was doing a little research on new saddles for my bike and read an article on 'sit bones' and my new term 'soft tissue'.
That's it. My soft tissue hurts. Now you have it. A little anatomy lesson, and a new term that is less offensive than that 'V' word.
lol!
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious! Way to go on a triathlon, I am done after 3miles of walking. Have fun.
ReplyDeleteSeriously!! And now I am dissapointed in my patheic 2 miles of running!!! Way to go girl and I hope your "soft tissue" gets feeling better!!
ReplyDeleteTiff - 2 miles is hardly pathetic. It is amazing! I am proud of you. Just keep getting out there. That's the hardest part!
ReplyDeleteBaby I'm AMAZED by you!!! That is so stinkin impressive. GOOD LUCK!!
ReplyDelete