Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Vacation - Day Three

Today we spent our whole day in California Adventure, and boy did we have some adventure!


When we got to the park we decided we would hang out near the front as the High School Musical 3 parade was set to begin shortly after opening. We sent Brett and Ryan to get fast passes to Soarin' Over California as both of the kids wanted to ride that one again.

The weather was quite a bit hotter today than the other days so we tried to stay in the shade while we were waiting. Brett also took the kids into the gift shops and Sydney found the perfect stuffed animal that she wanted to spend her money on. We talked her into waiting until later in the week to make sure we couldn't get it cheaper at a local Disney store, and to make sure she didn't find something else. I was surprised, but she readily agreed.

As the parade crowd started to line up I was sure to get the kids right up front.


The music was starting to get loud and I bent down and started singing in Sydney's ear. She started clinging to me and asked me to be quiet. I asked her what the problem was and she told me I was embarrassing her!

Oh brother! For heaven sakes she is not even 6 years old!

After the parade was over we took our fast passes and walked right on to Soarin' Over California, then we headed over to Paradise Pier and picked up fast passes for California Screamin' - an extremely fast paced roller coaster. While we waited to be able to use those fast passes, we went to Toy Story Mania. I have to say that this was by far one of my favorite rides. You sit in a little car that moves you right in front of some 3D movie screens that you are able to shoot at video game targets.

By the time we finished the Toy Story ride, we had just a few minutes until we could use our fast passes again. We hydrated ourselves, then Ryan and I decided to go on the ride. Ryan wanted to ride EVERY ride, and Brett was afraid of getting woozy, so I was the default co-rider. Sydney was just about an inch too short to ride this one, so Ryan and I went on it first.

As the ride ended he put his hands up in the air and said "That was awesome!" Then he leaned over and told me that he thought he was going to puke. I encouraged him NOT to puke and told him that he would be fine in a bit. I then reminded him that if he didn't ride the roller coaster again then Dad wouldn't be able to ride it. - Oh, I'm such a good wife and mother!

Well, we got back to where Brett and Sydney were waiting and Ryan said he felt fine, so we sent Brett and Ryan to ride it again. This time Sydney and I waited for Brett and Ryan, and Sydney whined the whole time.

Brett and Ryan were gone for quite a long time, and we watched as the yellow roller-coaster cart off by itself. I thought that was strange, but figured that they must do that from time to time.

Well....they probably do that from time to time for a reason! Brett came over and said - I need your help - Ryan threw up on the ride. So, I went over and sure enough - poor Ryan was pale, and had puke ALL over himself. I felt so bad.

My wonderful husband took Ryan into the restroom and stripped him down and washed his clothes in the sink. I was so grateful to him for doing that. I don't know too many dads that would do that.

After our adventure there, we took Sydney to A Bug's Land and let her get soaked in the water. By that time Ryan felt better, but we knew better than to let him ride on another ride that would make him want to puke again.

No comments:

Post a Comment