Monday, May 04, 2009

Day Two - Safety

We arrived in Anaheim close to noon. We tried checking into our hotel early and they told us to give them 30 minutes. So, we went to the grocery store and picked up some lunch meat so we could make sandwiches. We then went to Target to get Ryan a toothbrush. Apparently I don't know what is Ryan's and what is Sydney's as I packed two of Sydney's toothbrushes. Who knew that Puss 'n Boots was a girl's toothbrush?

After our visit to the store we returned to the hotel and checked in. Ryan made another comment about the hotel only this one had to do with feeling safe. The atmosphere change was amazing.

We ate lunch and waited until right after 2pm when the local transit was done with lunch and we headed to Disney. When we got there we saw that California Adventure looked like it had fewer people, so we opted for that park for our first day in California.

Ryan wanted to ride the Hollywood Tower of Terror, so we headed there first.

We're retarded.

I didn't think that Sydney would ride, but at the last minute she decided she wanted to go. So, good for us. We felt woozy after the ride and the kids were scared to death.

Go us.

After that wonderful ride, and resolving not to be as stupid next time, I took Sydney to Playhouse Disney, and Brett took Ryan to an interactive thing with Crush, the turtle from Nemo.

I took Sydney shortly after that and was amazed at the animation.

We rode a few other rides, and then the park closed at 6pm. Who knew.

We walked over to Disneyland with the rest of the crowd. Then we rode autotopia. We enjoyed that ride with the kids.

After we were done at Disney we went to IHOP for dinner. We went on the recommendation of a friend because kids eat 'free' after 4pm. Well, thank heavens they eat free! I got a burger, Brett got breakfast, and our meal with tip was $34. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment