Thursday, May 07, 2009

Vacation - Day Four

Today was our early day at Disneyland. We decided to hit the Nemo ride first thing. They had a few mishaps with the submarines, so we waited a little longer than we thought we'd have to, but thankfully it wasn't as bad as we would have waited if we had gone later in the day.

I'm not sure why Disneyland is called the 'happiest' place on earth. Don't get me wrong, I think the kids had fun, but Sydney cried on MANY of the rides because she was scared. I was really concerned about how her memories were going to be formed, so we went to Fantasy Land today. It looked a little more kid friendly. We rode Casey Jr's train, and the Dumbo ride. Both kids rode the tea cups - they were on their own with that one. Then we took them on the Pinocchio ride. Holy Crap! That scared Sydney too. Who wouldn't be scared that the whale came out to eat you at the end.

I think the highlight of the day was that we got to see the Princesses! We stood in line for about 30 minutes to see them.



They have a little boutique at the end where you can buy all of the princess gear. Dresses, crowns, gloves, jewels, all of it. They will even do the girls' make up and hair. I took a look at the price tag of the dresses and they were $65. We decided we would pass.

After Disney, we took the kids out to dinner at the Olive Garden. Who knew that soup and salad and Mac-n-cheese could cost $40. I'm not sure that we'll do that any time soon.

We then went to the beach. It was a little bit chilly, but it was great to have the experience. We even got a high tide and every one of us got our shoes soaked and filled with sand.


No comments:

Post a Comment