Sunday, May 03, 2009

Day One - The city that NEVER Sleeps

Today we started our trip to California. We decided that we would go part way and stop in Las Vegas.

I'll be honest.

I have never been a fan of Vegas. Ever. The first time I went to Vegas was a year after I got married. We went for a technical conference and I wasn't impressed then. I'm still not impressed.

We got a hotel room at Circus Circus. As we pulled into town Ryan made the comment that he didn't feel safe. We all felt the same sentiment. As we rounded the corner to the hotel, Brett told the kids to quickly turn their heads. We had forgotten that Porn is free and rampant on the streets.

I checked in, and our room was changed from 33 to 220...something something. It was across the street from the main tower, and in a dive section of the hotel. Ryan said again that he didn't feel safe and was worried about where we were. I reassured him that everything would be fine, hoping that it actually would be fine.

Our room was scary. We could hear EVERYTHING....all night long.

Needless to say, we decided that we wouldn't sink our money into the Vegas economy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment