Last week Brett and I went to the temple. As I was getting ready, I slipped on a skirt and realized that my midsection had grown slightly. Knowing that I couldn't be pregnant (thank heavens), I came to the realization once again that my laziness had caused this growth.
I'm great at doing EVERYTHING for everyone else and using that as my excuse to not walk out the door and exercise for myself.
Brett has been bugging me to do the Salem Triathlon again this year.
I have ignored him.
Well, my little skirt incident made me decide that I really did need to have something to work for. (I know Brett, you've been telling me that for weeks...I just needed it to be my own idea :).
So, I broke it to Brett on Thursday that I would in fact sign up for the race.
He smiled.
He knows me.
On Friday, I decided that I needed to just clean the house. After all, we did have a tornado plow through our residence.
At about 10:15 I sat down to the computer to read blogs and saw a post on a blog that I belong to. The post was about a mom, a mom like me, that went running 7 miles. The first 2 1/2 miles were hard for her, and then she said after that it felt good. I looked at the clock and decided that it was time that I get off my butt and get out there.
So, I got dressed and ran just over 3 miles. My time was just under a 10 minute mile. I reasoned that I was allowed a turtle pace. I hadn't been running for at least 2 months, maybe 3.
It felt good. So good that I went back out on Saturday, and again on Monday. I have to go tutor a boy at the school today for a while, but then I'm going to go back out today.
My goal for this week - 15 miles.
I'll shoot for the same goal next week. Then I'll increase my mileage, and hopefully by June when I run the Ragnar Relay with my cousins, I'll not be the slowest on the team.
I'm back. It feels good.
WOW...you go girl!! and run an extra mile for me:) You are an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI have just been getting back into things, too! Even running outside in snow, which honestly sucks at the time, but feels good after. I just signed up for Salem, too. It will be nice to have a friendly face around, (even though I know you will be kicking my butt, as usual).
ReplyDeleteWhat a great motivation you are. I am on an endless pursuit to lose pounds. Probably no running for me though.
ReplyDeleteI have to laugh because I have put on 5lbs since Christmas and seeing myself on video gave me my wake up call, oh and my pants not fitting right--who shrunk my jeans?! SOOO I am also "BACK" If you have any great eating tips send them my way...keep up the running your doing great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for all the comments girls! It really does feel good to get out and about. Not sure why the first and last 1/2 mile are so dang hard
ReplyDeleteGood for you. Jo got me to start back into things a month ago, but I'm not looking any better for it. First time in my life I've had to say that. Usually I just think about exercising, or maybe put on the exercise close, and I magically lose weight. not no more...
ReplyDelete