Sunday, February 15, 2009

Angels

It has been said that Angels minister to mortals on earth. Just recently in a conference address Elder Jeffrey R Holland spoke of just that.

He stated that "God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face".

This week I have thought a lot about the Angels that are here. They may be in the form of a smile from someone, even a cashier at a grocery store. They may be in the form of a neighbor looking out for you.

Tonight I experienced an angel in my home. Sydney is very sick. She has fought a fever all day, along with aches and pains. Ryan was her angel. He has been so concerned that she is not ok. I have shared his concern, but the fact that he wants to eat by her bedside to make sure she doesn't get worse shows his angelic nature.

I have felt the Angelic spirit of my sister recently. I haven't been able to get her off my mind for the past couple of days and it makes me weepy. I put the CD of her funeral in and I heard an angel sing. Thank you Jamilyn Slade for your angelic voice. I have always loved it. I remember as a child I just wanted to grow up and sing like Jamilyn. Now I hardly even sing for people.

I remember the day after Azure returned to heaven we were in Sacrament Meeting. I don't know that it was a good idea to go to church that day. I'm not sure we got too much of the messages. I recall Tiffani Martineau leading the music. I don't know that we were fair to her. We couldn't even sing for the abundance of tears that were shed. Thank you Tiffani for being able to get through those songs with us on the front row.

I guess we needed the angels of Heber, AZ that day.

Sometimes it is hard to look around at what is going on and realize that there are angels seen and unseen.

Sydney has not been feeling well for a while. She is having some sort of stomach trouble. I have an appointment for her on Friday to hopefully find out what the problem is. I pray for angels to watch over her. I pray for her doctors that they may use their knowledge to get to the bottom of her ailments....angels.

2 comments:

  1. Deni, I love reading your blog, it always helps me to remember the good things in life, the things I really need to be grateful for and be mindful of. Thank you so much for sharing your "words of wisdom" and thoughts. We will pray for your adorable little angel in hopes she feels all better soon!

    ReplyDelete