It's midnight.
I'm sitting in the front room watching Survivor on the computer with Brett.
He's so handsome.
He is in the line of sight for the computer.
So, really I am watching my husband, and Survivor is in the background.
Brett and I have been through a lot with each other. We spent many nights in a hospital room early in our marriage fighting for Ryan's life. We were each other's lifeline. I guess we still are.
Following our fight with Ryan, we supported each other. Together we had another child. A beautiful baby girl.
We parent together, always discussing how we can better our family's relationship, meaning ourselves and our kids. We are responsible for their raising, and our relationship with each other.
We've been misunderstood. Both of us.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?
I love Brett. I love that he tells it like it is. You never have to guess where he's coming from. You always know, even if you don't want to know :).
He makes me laugh. I've said that before I know, but he does. If I weren't so darned sensitive, I'd laugh a lot more.
I love that Brett gives everything his ALL. He is a great leader for youth. He is a great father. He comes home from work every day, and every day he plays with the kids. He reads with them, gives them baths.
There is never a question as to who will watch the kids if I need to go somewhere. It is a given that he will take the kids, and I know I can trust that they will be well taken care of.
He's my friend. A true friend. I love that.
Deni -
ReplyDeleteI love reading your blog...you have such a way of writing things. I am disappointed though to find out that swearing doesn't take pain away, cause I could have sworn that it helped a little:o)!
Again, another uplifing post to remind me to be a better person (WIFE!!). He is lucky to have you.
ReplyDelete