Friday, March 13, 2009

Deep Thoughts not by Jack Handy....by me

I have a lot on my mind tonight so I'm just going to share it. After all, this is my blog, and I write to express myself. So, there you have it.

- A kid is a loser until it is one of your own. Then he or she is a child that has made some bad choices. I can't get that off my mind. I have thought so much about the kids around the neighborhood that in a previous state of my mind I would have called losers. Heck, I was probably a loser once, but then deep down I was just a young lady who made some super poor choices, needing to be accepted. That's what we all want right? To be accepted.

- I love the spiritual enlightenment given by Elder David Bednar regarding being offended. It is a choice you know. It's hard sometimes not to be offended. I've had my share of experiences, but for sure it is a choice. When we consciously choose NOT to be offended, it's amazing the peace that can be found in our lives.

- Spring is almost here! I can look out my window and see the beautiful orange breasted birds peck at the berries on our flowering pear tree. Dang they make a mess, but man are they beautiful.

- Why is it that some people can just get out on the road and run? I like to think I can do the same but dang it, my hip hurts this week. Makes me want to swear. Of course if I did that I wouldn't feel any better about my hip hurting. I'm pretty sure that swear words don't take away pain.

- I love living where I live. Another view out my window: snow capped mountains. Breathtaking.

- Good friends are extremely hard to come by. A good friend is one that you can pick up where you left off, no matter how long it has been since you have seen them last. I have a few of those. Thanks Erin, Emily,Jolayne, and Danille....to name a few.

- I love my kids. I love that they love each other. Today Sydney hit a milestone. Two whole weeks with only ONE night accident. We rewarded her with HS Musical's Wii game. We've had it for a long time, it's been in the closet. Both Ryan and Sydney sang to their hearts content. It was classic, and they unlocked ALL of the songs. They were so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment