Ryan and Syd were out of school on Friday. We laid in bed in the morning and watched HS Musical 3. Then we went to Springville to order some pictures. After we placed our order, we went to a couple of grocery stores. On the way home from one of them Ryan asked me if I had gotten into college. Towards the end of last year I did all that I needed to do to take some classes so I can finally finish my degree. Well, after much anxiety, and a lot of praying, I decided that I needed to put of taking classes for a little longer. I spoke with Sydney about it, but I guess I never told Ryan why I wasn't going. The conversation went something like this:
Ryan: "Mom, did you get in to college?"
Sydney: "Mom isn't going to go to college right now."
Ryan: "Oh, why?"
Sydney: "Because of us. She wouldn't be home for us, and Dad...."
Ryan: "...oh yeah, Dad wouldn't want to fix dinner every night. We would have the same things every other night. Cream cheese chicken, macaroni and cheese, cream cheese chicken, macaroni and cheese..."
Sydney: "...and eggs. Dad can make eggs."
Ryan: "Eggs for dinner?"
Sydney: "Oh, and Dad can make French toast. We could add French toast."
Ryan: "Gross, French toast for dinner."
Sydney: "We've had French toast for dinner before."
Ryan: "No, we've had other breakfast for dinner, but not French toast."
Me: "Sounds like you guys like me home to fix dinner."
Ryan/Sydney: "Yeah"
No comments:
Post a Comment