Sunday, January 23, 2011

Darn Those Sunday Naps

This year we have church from 1-4pm. I've never been a fan of the later time schedule, but I have to admit, I have really enjoyed spending time with the kids before we go to church.

I was released as Primary president at the end of November, and it has taken some getting used to - being home, being able to get the kids ready without a real time crunching schedule. I used to have to get the kids up at 8 and get Sydney's hair done. Then off to meetings at 8:30 am. Home at 10:30 am to pick them up to head back for our block meetings.

Now we sleep in. We play card games. We read. We prepare for dinner after church.We eat breakfast together. We eat lunch together. It seems surreal. I had the above mentioned schedule for 2 1/2 years. It has been a nice break.

Tonight we watched America's Funniest Videos and I fell asleep. Nice warm bed. Nice warm blankets. Drifty of to sleepy. Now here it is almost 11:30 and I can't sleep. Darn those Sunday naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment