A friend has a wonderful blog that I love to visit. Each day she highlights some of the things that happened in her day. What a great idea! I'm going to steal that idea (not every day of course - I'm not that amazing). I will record things here, and then on a more personal level, I'll take my thoughts to my personal journal.
January 24th - what a day! I kept thinking about the date all day. I couldn't put my finger on why I thought the date had some sort of significance. Here are the main points of the day
- 8:30 am - receive a phone call from a neighbor asking if I can take her to the Dr. I agree and tell her I need the appt to be after 11am as I have appointments at 10:00 and 10:30 for visiting teaching.
- 9:00 am - receive another phone call from same neighbor telling me that she made an appointment at 10:45 am. Hmm - Now, to help, I have to reschedule visiting teaching. Fun.
10:20 am - Arrive at neighbor's house. She tells me that someone else offered to take her to the Dr and she declines because this other someone 'is always on the go'. Hmm. Maybe so, but I did just have to rearrange my day. Ahh - blessings right?
12:30 pm - Return home from Doctor's office, and other errands that needed to be run by neighbor.
1:30 pm - 3 mile run. - Why is it so hard? Running is NOT hard. Today, it was though. I keep reminding myself that at least I am out there.
2:20 pm - chat with Brett. He needs me to come and get him. I shower and hop in the car and drive to Provo to pick him up.
4:30 pm - take Brett to Dr.
5:15 pm - Take Brett to hospital
10:00 pm - Take Brett home from hospital, after emergency surgery. Details will not be disclosed here.
11:30 pm - Make sure kids are tucked in bed nicely after grandma and grandpa so graciously bring them home so late at night. Realize what the 24th is. 14th anniversary of Brett's proposal to me.
12:30 am - Set the alarm to wake Brett up at 3:30am to take pain pills.
4:00 am - Make sure co-workers in the UK are aware that Brett cannot work for a few days.
5:00 am - Try to get some sleep, but the alarm goes off because I didn't know it was set. Ahh, what the heck, what is sleep?
7:15 am - Did I actually get to sleep? Time to wake the kids...or never mind, time to let them sleep.
Sydney got to stay home today. I went visiting teaching, Sydney babysat Dad. I fixed dinner and I hope to have this house in order in the morning.
Good Night.
No comments:
Post a Comment