Thursday, August 06, 2009

Black Canyon Lake

As a kid, I enjoyed going to Black Canyon Lake. It is only 13 miles or so from my mom's house. I really can't believe I didn't bike there, but I didn't.

I thought it would be fun to take the kids, so we took off one afternoon and let them swim in the water. I hadn't been up there since the forest fire had come through several years ago. I was surprised at the devastation. All of the dead trees were once beautiful pines.





1 comment:

  1. Oh Deni...I would have loved to have seen you!! i love Black Canyon too but don't go near as often as I would like. You are absolutely beautiful and your kids are so grown up. I agree with not knowing anyone here anymore. I do live here fulltime and still don't know anybody unless they are in our same ward!! Looks like you had a great trip down here.

    ReplyDelete