Today I was brought to my knees in gratitude. I don't know if I will ever know why the Lord has blessed me so much, but He has.
I received an e-mail from a family who had a baby with SCIDS, the same disease that Ryan was born with. He lost his battle last week. Stacey, his mother shared a video with our small group of families that are experiencing, or have experienced this disease first hand.
As I watched the video, the memories flooded my mind. I remember Ryan looking like that. I remember his cries, his face looked the same as baby Liam's.
And then, I was brought to reality. I still have my son. He has been healed. Miracles have happened in my life, and I will forever be grateful.
I am trying to rise to the occasion and teach him. Whatever his purpose in life, I hope I am able to aid him in fulfilling it. This is one of my greatest wishes.
Gratitude and so much MORE
Deni,
ReplyDeleteI was so touched as well. I couldn't believe how much he looked like Emily! I realize it is the look of a VERY sick child. We are so blessed. Where much is given much is expected. I don't know why our children are living but I do know I don't want to let it go wasted :) Liam's journey was finished. Our children still have more to do! It really is up to us to help them through as well as the rest of our family. I am grateful to have these reminders.
What a responsibility huh! I failed to mention my gratitude for Sydney too. She was born healthy...what a blessing! I just hope I'm hitting the mark!
ReplyDelete