Friday, October 17, 2008

Conversations with Ryan...

Yesterday I spent the day at my neighbor's office doing some work for them. I took both kids as they were out of school. Sydney got bored so she was drawing in a notebook I had there. She is learning to read so she was writing some of her sight words, ever so proudly.

Now, let me invite you into my conversation that came next...


Ryan: I can't wait until Sydney is in 1st grade.

Me: Oh, why is that.

Ryan: Because, then she will see all of the hard work that I have been doing all these years.

Me: Giggle

Ryan: Mom, did you know that there is a kid in 2nd grade that still can't spell WAS?

Me: Ryan, you are a very lucky kid because these things come easy to you.

Ryan: Yeah, I bet if they did studies on my brain, they would see that it is working really hard.

Me: Yes Ryan, I am sure they would see that it is.

The End

4 comments:

  1. They can say the craziest, funnest, most thoughtful things.

    Thinking of you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard being a genius.

    Ask me, I know.

    rofl

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard living with a genius.

    Ask me, I know.

    rofl

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete