Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You're MORE fun than SWIMMING

Tonight we were going to take the kids swimming. They have been begging us to go, and Brett needed to help some boys get their Swimming Merit Badge for scouts, so we thought it was a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

WELL....there were too many boys for our kids to be able to fit, so we were unable to let Ryan and Sydney go. Needless to say, they were both devastated. Sydney whined most of the evening. I told her we could make cookies, hoping that the thought might turn the whine-o-meter OFF. (I hate whining!)

As I finished the dough, and we were rolling it out on the bar for our Halloween Cookie Cutters, Sydney found the HS Musical 1 CD, so we of course had to BLAST it and sing at the top of our lungs.

Did you know that rolling pins make for great microphones? I'm pretty sure they could go head to head with any technology out there!

Sydney turned to me as we were putting the last of the cookies on the pan and said "Mom, you're much more fun than swimming!"

What?

Me?

WHOO HOO!

2 comments:

  1. What no pics of the singing with rolling pins?? I agree you are more fun than swimming! I need to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it doesn't get much better than rating better than the swimming pool. You really scored.

    ReplyDelete