Friday, February 15, 2008
Valentine's Day
Each year for Valentine's Day, the tension can be cut like a knife around here. Brett has always felt like he shouldn't have to show me he loves me on that day because he shows me year round. While the latter is true, I have always been a little bit disappointed, ok a lot bit disappointed by the end of the evening. Well, this year Brett decided to surprise me. I fixed dinner and during dinner Ryan said something about not telling me what my Valentine's Day present was. I kind of looked at Brett and he scolded Ryan for saying anything. I guess he had spilled the beans to Ryan on the way to school. He figured that since it was the big day and the package was set to be delivered that he was safe. Ryan didn't tell me "what", but at that point I knew there "might" be something. Brett kept checking the computer throughout the afternoon, and I just figured he was checking e-mail etc. After 6pm, we realized that the package was not coming...whatever the package was. Brett was so frustrated. I was razzing him because nothing had come and it was just like every other year. He called me over to the computer and showed me the tracking number of the flowers that he purchased on JANUARY 22nd! He told me he loved me and that for Valentine's Day he got me a tracking number - HA - Poor Brett. I was excited on Friday when the flowers came. I think it has been over 4 years since I have received flowers from Brett. I had forgotten how good it felt. - Thanks Brett!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Now that's an awesome idea! I'm gonna get Jo a tracking number next year. So much easier than actually planning stuff out. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteBTW, I ordered some stuff from LLBean for Jo well ahead of Christmas and it didn't get here until mid January. I watched the tracking on it and it went back and forth across the country several times, while FedEx kept telling me that it was due to new drivers who didn't know the area (or due to the snow, or due to whatever they wanted it to be due do...) I gave them an earful, you can be sure.