One of my mom's favorite sayings (at least it seemed like a favorite to me) was "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
I had such good intentions for Valentine's Day. Pink waffles, with a heart cut out of the middle. Valentine's at the school for the kids -- Visiting both classes for class parties.
Then the day arrived, and NONE of that happened. I woke up to Ryan needing a pair of underwear. Unlucky for him, they were still in the washer - wet. I knew I had a pair in the van so I went to get them and I didn't have a set a keys. A short note to Brett, and the realization that HE had my keys and figured I would have an extra key in the junk drawer. A half hour later, and a small prayer, I found the spare key - not in the junk drawer. By now, there wasn't time to make the pink waffles with the heart cut out. Regular waffles had to do.
I spent the morning cleaning the house and then at 11:30 I got a phone call from the school. Ryan had an accident on the bus and he needed an extra set of clothing. I got them together and headed to the school. Poor kid. The mess was big enough that he needed an extra shirt too. I came home and picked up the extra shirt, then I headed to the store to pick up the treats I needed to donate for Ryan's class. I'm not generally a last minute person. I don't like the stress of last minute, but I didn't want to buy treats that went stale, so I waited until the day of. Throw all of the rest of the events of the day into the mix, and there wasn't time to get Valentines to take to the kids for their classroom. Donuts and conversation hearts had to do.
So, as I look around at all of the fun traditions that others have, I feel bad that my kids missed out this year. Maybe next year...
I am sorry it wasn't everything you wanted it to be. I hate when that happens!!
ReplyDeleteOh Deni...I LOVE days like this...NOT!! I had the same intentions, and none of the things I wanted to do got done either.
ReplyDelete