Thursday, February 10, 2011

He Named Him Shaun

Some time during the end of December / beginning of January, our family was introduced to the marvelous world of Psych, a clever, clean, funny, psychic detective show that airs on a channel that we do not have. Lucky for us, we have Netflix. We are almost caught up on all 5 seasons.

Many gigs of bandwidth later, we are now saying things to each other like "Brett, don't be this crevice in my arm."

and

"Mom, don't be an old sponge with a hair hanging off of it."

I've even got clever and started my own sayings like - "Brett, don't be a dehydrated mushroom." (I dehydrated mushrooms yesterday.)  I'm so awesome!

Anyway, we laugh a lot with the one-liners that are on this show. Before Ryan went to bed the other night he told me that Shaun's (the main character in the show) mom calls him Goose. I call Ryan Goose. I have since he was a baby.

Ryan now thinks he is cool.

Because Shaun is cool.

Today, before school, Ryan wanted to play on the computer. He had finished getting ready so I let him. I overheard him talking to the computer "Oh, hi little buddy. Are you hungry? Did you miss me?" He has a new virtual pet. It is a mouse. A mouse that is going to stay on the computer screen. (phew!)

He named him Shaun.

No comments:

Post a Comment