Sunday, January 03, 2010

Out With the Old

I love this time of year. I love looking back at the previous year and seeing all that I have learned, the many blessings that have been poured upon me, etc.

Every year Brett puts together our Christmas card.

He does an amazing job.

2009 was no different, except for the fact that he told me he ALWAYS does it. So, I began a lengthy, witty (I might add), letter that apparently had too many words because they were edited out of his final copy. Completely.

With that, and with the next 25 minutes I have to burn before I have to be teaching children how to sound out letter combinations in Sydney's classroom, I will have my own look back at the year 2009 and its accomplishments.

  • We spent the first part of the year Ice Fishing. By first part of the year I mean the first day, or maybe it was the second day. Anyway, it was so wonderfully freezing that we didn't go again.
  • I proved that I am the absolute coolest wife ever when I kidnapped my husband and flew him across the country for a vacation to our nation's capital. Sorry to the rest of the men in the world. I'm taken.
  • I ran the Ragnar Relay. It was SO cool. I can't really talk about it.
  • Brett went to Europe, and I went to AZ. I am just slightly jealous that he was on the Champs-Élysées the last day of the Tour de France
  • I trained for a 100-mile race. I only got the training in. This is an out with the old post though so I won't elaborate. You can read about it here.
  • Brett proved that he is the coolest husband ever when he actually got to ride the race that we both trained for. Sorry ladies, he is taken.
  • We enjoyed Christmas, and got to spend time with family. Grandma Bowers was able to visit with my parents, but I'm not sure she knows she was here.
  • I think one of the best things that happened is that I have convinced Sydney that she needs to spend her own money on paper. Maybe now I will have some in the printer when I go to print things....Maybe.
And, since this is an out with the old post, it needs a picture because in looking back on my blog, I've noticed that I ramble.

Without pictures.

So here you go.

Enjoy.


Just before the magic

1 comment:

  1. You are soooooooooooooo naughty!!!!!! But soooooooo funny!!!!!!!! I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete