
Yesterday I took just over 25 minutes to finish my former blog post. Which means I was 5 minutes late to Sydney's classroom.
Dang it.
I'm not sure why I just can't say No.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy helping kids, but I enjoy helping my own kids more.
When I help in Sydney's classroom, I rarely help her. She's doing a pretty good job, so I help the kids who aren't. I guess I should just be grateful to see her during her class time.
We wink at each other, and I give the occasional side hug as I walk out the door with one of her classmates.
That, I suppose, is all worth it, and why I can't say no.
Yesterday, I got my instructions from the teacher and pulled the first child out. I wasn't there long when my cell phone rang.
I told the young man just a minute as I was going to silence my phone so as to not bother us again.
Then I looked down, and surprise! It was the elementary school calling me. In that case, I needed to answer the call.
It was Ryan.
He threw up.
I immediately gathered up my things and told the little guy that I needed to go as my son was sick.
I apologized for the teacher for my mere 5 minutes and headed to the office.
Ryan met me in the hall way. He had eaten a jelly bean and it made him gag to the point of throwing up. Since Sydney had a 24-hour bug last week I didn't want to take any chances so I brought him home. He rested for a few hours and then was perfectly fine by the time school let out. (How convenient)
Anyway, the lesson for the day:
Don't eat jelly beans. Especially if they are given to you by a classmate and they taste like onions.
Dang Harry Potter.
Thanks for a good laugh to start my day...they seriously make onion jelly beans?!! NASTY!!
ReplyDeleteThose are disgusting I think I would throw up too.... I can't believe your accident oh my gosh.... !!
ReplyDelete