We started going to Lagoon with diaper bag in hand, pushing a stroller, having to work around nap time, etc.
Yesterday I took the kids and our stay was MUCH different. We got there shortly after they opened at 11am, and left at 10pm last night. The kids had a blast!


Since Brett is at scout camp, we had an extra ticket. We decided to take our friend Evan. I am always amazed at how well Evan and Ryan get along. When Ryan was in the hospital going through chemotherapy, Evan's parents, our friends, Ben and Emily, shaved his head since Ryan was going to lose his hair. I'm not sure if this is what started the bond between these two, but I hope it last for a lifetime. Since we shaved Ryan's hair into a Mohawk for the summer, Ben shaved Evan's hair for this trip. I think they both love their hair.


Thank heaven we had Evan. The kids aren't quite as daring as he is, so they went on several rides that they probably wouldn't have gone on otherwise.

Speaking of rides they wouldn't have gone on, this one makes me laugh so hard.

I wouldn't go on it because I didn't want to puke, so I let them all go together. Ryan's wasn't quite sure of the ride once he got to the front of the line, but I assured him it would be ok. Well, a few minutes into the ride I got a little closer and Sydney caught my eye. She immediately started crying and telling me that she wanted off. I just started to laugh because when I was a teenager, I was on a ride called the Octopus. We got a little way into the ride and my sister Lori said "What if they stop us and we can't get down." Well, just then they stopped the ride. I started screaming, and continued to scream asking to be let off all the while the man operating the thing, along with my mom and sister, were laughing their heads off. I knew that it would be a while before Sydney would be able to get off.
Ryan was officially scared to death and so was Sydney. Ryan wanted the guy to lock his thing into position so that he didn't spin.

Not spinning would have been fine if it was similar to the ferris wheel that was at California Adventure. It wasn' t the same though, and Ryan got stuck in this position:
I took a picture of Sydney when she got off the ride...I'm pretty sure this is what I looked like. I got a nice slap on the arm from her, and she landed herself in Time Out, but that's beside the point.

After the drama was over, we rode a few more rides and saw these little guys inside Lagoon A Beach. I'm just glad they waited to come out AFTER we spent 3 hours in there! Beautiful, yet creepy animals.

You're a great mom for taking them while Brett was gone. K, but the laughing at them part....hmmmm. Just kidding, I probably would have laughed to all the while taking pictures to blog about it!
ReplyDeleteLooks like they had a great time, One day they will look back and laugh too, its okay. They are so cute, and I love Ryans hair, that is great that he has a friend like that!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Lagoon!!! What an awesome mom you are! Not that I want my children to grow up too fast, but I do look forward to the day that it gets a little easier to go somewhere!!!
ReplyDelete