Monday, July 13, 2009

Life's Stories

CBS has a program where one of their news men opens up a phone book and points to a person. He then calls that person and gets to know them and tells their story on the air.

I have been thinking a lot about how everyone has a story. Experiences that are had during your early years very often shape the person you become. Sometimes your experiences drive you to change and overcome challenges in your life. Other times you might just succumb to those challenges and your path becomes a long winding road.

I often wonder what it is that I am supposed to learn through the experiences I have. More than this, I wonder who it is that I am supposed to touch through the lessons I have learned in life. Am I doing the right things? Do I reach out to those around me who could benefit from my life? Am I actually learning something and applying these lessons to my life, and shaping my very own character?

I have a story. Many details remain inside my own thoughts and return through memories.

Good

and

Bad.


It is easier that way.

Less judgment.

More empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment