Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Syd

For Sydney's birthday we had all of the family over to Kati's house for dinner. My brother Ben wasn't able to come, so the kids and I met him for lunch. We also met my mom and dad there too. It was a nice lunch together.

Ben also came with us to several stores. I looked and looked for a pinata. I couldn't find one that was less than $15. I am cheap, so I did what cheap people do. I bought a $2 gift bag and filled it with candy. I then wrapped it in packing tape and secured the edges with duct tape.

I got laughed at for my invention, but you know - the kids loved beating the heck out of the bag, and I think it lasted longer than a regular pinata. Plus, I saved $13 in the process. Go me. I don't have pictures of it, just video, and I don't know how to upload that, so you will all just have to visualize.

Kati made Sydney's cake. It turned out very cute.


I had someone take pictures, and this is literally one of the best ones. In the pic - Tre', Boston, Kati, Taya and Sydney

Taya and Syd had matching pajamas...too fun.

I can't believe my baby is 6!

A few things I love about her:

- She loves to dance. When music comes on, she can't contain herself. Her little body just moves.
- She loves singing.
- She loves helping me in the kitchen.
- She is very tender, and is very considerate. (She gets that from me - he he)
- She loves babies. She's going to be a great mother.
- She is a great sister, even though she LOVES to tease her brother. (She gets that from her dad)

Happy Birthday Sydney. We sure love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment