We loaded our bikes onto the van and parked by the law building at BYU. As we were taking the bikes off of the van 4 Air Force jets flew by. We thought they would fly by at 8pm so we hung out at Brett's parents for a while so we could see them, but they didn't come so we went ahead and went on to Provo.
We took our blanket, and backpack with snacks, and rode to the stadium to find a seat on the lawn. We weren't there 10 minutes and a couple of women walked in front of us handing out tickets. One of the women said she was looking for a group of 4. I raised my hand and she walked over and handed me 4 tickets to get inside.
The kids were THRILLED!
We didn't plan on going inside, so everything we had with us had to be taken back to the car. Brett took a ticket, and our stuff, and I took the kids inside to find our seats. It took us several minutes to find our seats as the man in orange hadn't a clue where we needed to be. I finally found another woman that knew the stadium better and we found our seats. Once we got settled the man next to me told me that I would have to move. I asked him why and he said that I was in someone's seat that had gone to the restroom. I told him that my ticket said that I was supposed to be there and he said - well, then I guess they will have to move. Shortly after, the young men came back and they were a little peeved that we had showed up.
We enjoyed the rest of the show listening to the Jonas Brothers, and then seeing a spectacular firework display. We didn't have our camera with us, so I'm going to steal pictures off of a friend's blog (Thanks Keith :)
After part of the fireworks were displayed, we were able to participate in a ceremony that retired this flag. It was a very emotional ceremony, and I am very proud to be an American. So many have fought for our freedoms and I am so grateful. We have a friend that serves in the Army and he was able to help carry the flag in.

Once the flag was brought into the stadium, it was laid in this cauldron and burned. Sydney was so concerned that the flag was being burned. She worried that if the flag was being burned, then we wouldn't live in America anymore. She shed a few tears, and it really made me think about how important it is to recognize all that we have.

I am grateful to the woman that gave us those tickets. It made the kids' night and we had an unforgettable experience.
How fun that you got in for free! It was an awesome night!
ReplyDeleteThe stadium of Fire is Always AMAZING!!!! So glad you all got to experience that!
ReplyDelete