Saturday, August 30, 2008

Baptism Day



Well, our day finally came for Ryan to be baptized. I have been so busy with my calling that I have taken only one day at a time. Of course we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off and I had trouble with the program, so I ended up being 10 minutes late. Lucky for me others were walking in as I entered the chapel.

Our baptismal service was very special. I could hardly control my emotions. It is one thing to have to speak to children on behalf of the Primary Presidency. It is another thing to speak to my own children. I am so very proud of Ryan for making the choice to be baptized. I know that he has a special spirit and that he wants to make good choices. We love him very much.



When Brett was 8-years old his grandfather confirmed him and gave him the gift of the Holy Ghost. We decided that we would continue that tradition so Brett's dad did that for Ryan. It was a special experience.


After the baptism, we had family and friends come over for Navajo Tacos. It was fun to have everyone at our house. We did miss having Rob and Jami Martinsen for lunch. Jami was Ryan's 2nd grade teacher and has become a really good friend. They were able to make it to the baptism, but had to go home. Ben and Emily Williams and family were also there, but their kids were in the house and they were the ones taking the pictures...thanks to them. Here is the rest of the crew. We are so fortunate to have so many loving friends and family support us.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad we couldn't have been there. So glad you've reached this "plateau" of oldness, like us! You have some good kids. Tell Ryan congrats for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris. We like your kids too. Wish we were closer so we could torture our kids on long hikes right along with you.

    ReplyDelete