Today I took the kids on a bike ride. This was the first ride that I've taken pulling both kids this season. They are both getting heavy and I've been afraid of going too far because we have hills all around us and I am afraid that I can't pull them up any of the hills. So, I took them on a ride that was a bit flat. We only went 12 miles. By mile 10.5 they were ready to be home, but I wanted to make it to twelve.
Anyway, I'm always amused by the conversations that I have with my children when we are riding a bike. I guess it's because there is a lot of silence as they so patiently ride behind me. As we were riding today we passed some road kill. It was a cat, but the kids thought it was a dog. I didn't want to argue so I'm pretty sure they still think it is a dog. Ok, back to the story. Since they saw the 'dog' they were talking about a neighbor whose dog just had puppies. Sydney posed the question "Mom, how do mommy puppies have babies when they don't have a belly button?" I said "They come out their bum." That seemed to answer good enough.
Brett thinks that I have now ruined my daughter and that she may think she is going to have a baby out of her 'bum'. Well, I am going to let him tell her WHERE the babies actually come from. For now her curiosity has been satisfied.
No comments:
Post a Comment