Thursday, July 10, 2008

One Month - felt like a lifetime

It has definitely been a while since I've taken the time to update my blog. This past month can be summed up in one word STRESS! I wouldn't wish being the Primary President on anyone. Between trying to restore reverence in the Primary room, to filling the holes that are within the teachers, and making sure my presidency feels like they are being utilized, my stress levels have been on the rise. All I can hope is that one day soon everything levels out.

Now for a training update:

Training? What's training? That's kind of how I feel right now. I have run twice this week, and I am now seeing a physical therapist for my IT band. I had hoped that I could take care of it myself, but I still have a little trouble, so my family Dr recommended that I start PT as he is having the same grief with his IT band. You know, it is so frustrating! You try to do what you know to be right and exercise and it all slaps you in the face. Or the knee in my case. I'm determined to keep going though. I think I owe it to myself and my family to try and push through all of this.

The Spudman is coming up in 2 weeks. I had hoped to be much more in shape, but with injuries you kind of have to step back and take it easy. I haven't been on my bike since I took the 50 mile ride in AZ. Brett has been amazing and has been on the bike at least 3 times a week. On the flip side of that though, he isn't running right now, so we'll probably be even there. I just hope that when I race in ID I don't get passed by 500 people again. That doesn't do well for a person's psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment