Tuesday, January 22, 2008

DHL does not just pick up small packages

This morning at about 7:30am Sydney and I heard a very loud MEOW. We looked out on the porch and sure enough, a poor little black cat wanted to come in and shelter itself from the elements. The wind was bitterly cold and I knew I had a decision to make. I could let the cat in and try to find its owner, or I could leave it out on the porch. Sydney thought I was so inhumane for not letting the poor little kitty in the house. I however only felt 'slightly' bad. Since I didn't want to be the big meanie, I did what any good mom would do and I had her call her dad :). He did just what I thought he would do and told her 'No' to bringing in the cat. Alas, I was not the meanie after all. We were just following orders .

Well, here it is 2:30 and the DHL driver shows up to pick up an envelope that we are shipping to AZ. To my surprise - THE CAT IS STILL ON THE PORCH!!!

We now have a bigger problem than I thought. I instructed the gentleman not to let the cat in the house because it did not belong to me. So, he graciously shut the door in its face. As he was leaving he asked if I would like him to take it with him. I agreed. I'm not sure if I'm the hero or not, but I no longer have a cat on my doorstep. He assured me he would just drop it off outside the neighborhood. I guess we'll see if we end up with it another day.

1 comment:

  1. I have similar feelings about cats and any animal in my house. That is hilarious that the dhl guy would deliver it to another location.

    ReplyDelete