It's Saturday and we are still here. We have now been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. Ry is ready to get out of here and I don't blame him. Yesterday they removed the chest tube. The air leak seemed to have resolved itself and so they decided to remove the tube. The plan was to remove the tube and then take a chest X-ray in the morning.
I went to the Ronald McDonald house last night at 7:30. Ryan had fallen asleep and I went ahead and went to get some sleep of my own. I read for a couple of hours and had lights out at 10. I woke up at 6:45am this morning and got up and showered. I didn't want to be too late getting to the hospital as I didn't want Ryan to be alone too long and I wanted to be able to speak with the doctors. By the time I got to the hospital at 7:30 the doctors had already come and gone and a chest X-ray had been taken. Ryan's lung was collapsing. Boo!
They ordered another X-Ray at noon and as the radiology tech was leaving the room the doctor came in and looked at the image. There had been no change since morning. This was good news.
So, the plan for now is to wait. They will do another X-ray tomorrow morning and if there is no change, they will release us to go to the Ronald McDonald house. I am not in a hurry to get home. Yes, I'd like to go home, but there is safety and security knowing that we are in the hospital where they can do what they need to for us.
baby steps...he is getting better, slowly but surely!! I'm so glad you are in such good hands!
ReplyDelete