We've been away from home for 17 days. When we originally decided to go to California we were told to plan on 10 days. In all reality I thought we would be gone a week - although, deep down I knew this trip wouldn't be predictable. There was something different about all of it.
Ryan was released from the hospital on Sunday. He still has air around his lungs, but they believe his body will eventually absorb it. We have stopped 1/2 way so that we aren't driving late in to the night.
I love Ryan. My heart aches for him. His lungs are thick. He will have to always be vigilant about his health. I think hearing the surgeon say that a normal lung can be picked up like a sheet, and Ryan's lung was dense was more of a realization to me that he has been affected by a serious disease.
I believe we have experienced miracles with Ryan the past 2 weeks. Ry didn't feel like he was going to make it out of surgery. He wrote a goodbye message to his friends. He teared up as he was wheeled away - he told me he didn't think he was ever going to see me again in this life. So many people prayed for him. Their prayers were heard and answered.
He is alive. He still feels pain. He loves more than anyone I know. His mind is so wonderful. He is brilliant and kind. And his sister, and his mom and dad get to enjoy him for a bit longer. We're going home.
YAY for going home!! What an amazing young man!! But it comes as no surprise with the amazing parents he has!! Love ya lady!!
ReplyDelete