Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Summoned By The East - Day Four - Rain

Day three was full of non-stop drizzling, freezing rain. I spent most of the day in the hotel room watching the rain fall. I don't suppose I have ever experienced rain like it rained here. It was a little more than a sprinkle, but not a down pour. We tend to get either/or where we come from.

The view from my hotel room was no longer a beautiful skyline of trees. It was now a dark, cloudy, dreary day.

We were actually staying in Lexington, MA and the Minute Man National Park was only about a mile away from where our hotel was. I had decided that I would go there as they had a presentation about the Battle at Lexington and Concord.

Unfortunately for Brett, everything closed early so he missed all of the festivities.

When I arrived, there were 4 school buses. I couldn't believe there were that many actually with the weather that we were having. I didn't let that deter me though. I love kids and I didn't mind being around them. There were actually MANY, MANY 8th graders. I'm so glad I no longer have to be in that stage of my life, and for the first time on our trip, I was the minority.

The park ranger kept telling me that I could wait until the kids were gone to watch the video presentation. I think he was bothered more by the kids than I was. They were just normal teenagers, and like there are in all areas, some were smart mouths.


Here I am in front of a replica of North Church where the "One if by land, two if by sea" lanterns were. I took a picture of it and a man told me I needed to be in the picture so he had me stand there. What a nice guy...

No comments:

Post a Comment