Friday, December 19, 2008

Making Memories

Today is Ryan's 3rd Grade class party. I am the room mom for his class and since we have VERY few mothers who signed up to help, I signed up for the Christmas party.

Let me just preface my comments by, yes I know I am an idiot.

Ahem,

I made the suggestion that we might want to make gingerbread houses. I did that for Ryan's class in 1st Grade, and I've learned some things since then so thought it might be fun.

Well....then I found out that I only had one other mom helping. Ahh, good for me! I e-mailed the teacher and let her know with such little help, doing gingerbread houses probably wasn't a great idea anymore.


Well...then I called the other mom that signed up to help and she really wanted to do gingerbread houses, and maybe we could get more help

and....

Then I got another e-mail from the teacher saying that she could get more help....

So, I asked Ryan when he got home from school what he thought we should do for his Christmas part at school and he said "My teacher said we were decorating gingerbread houses."

So....

Over the past week I have baked, cut out and assembled 25 gingerbread houses. It was not a cheap endeavor. It took a LOT of my time.

And...

It's all about Making Memories.

2 comments:

  1. OK so where are the pictures of this HUGE memory making endeavor? I can't wait to see them!...Oh you were probably TOO busy to take pictures, what was I thinking??? You are such a great mom. WAY TO GO!!! Merry Christmas Deni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left the stupid camera home. I'll have to get some from his teacher.

    ReplyDelete