Yesterday Brett stayed home from work in the morning as he had a Doctor's appointment and I had some errands to run so we thought it would be best if we just went together.
Sydney was being naughty and had a couple of warnings to stop or else get a spankin' from Dad. Well, the behavior didn't stop, so she got a big whack on her bum. I have found that time-outs work out much better for me when I am disciplining her, but until today, I don't think Brett has completely shared in that. Not because he disagrees, but he really doesn't have to discipline her a lot because he is working.
Anyway...
After the crying had stopped, Sydney came upstairs and into my room to get ready to go. Her face was flushed from crying and I asked her what had happened. (I was in my room when all of this happened so I didn't know the details).
She explained to me that she was being naughty and that Dad had spanked her. Then the conversation went something like this:
Sydney : "Mom, it's like he spanked Jesus."
Me: "What?"
Sydney: "You know, when we do things to people it is like we are doing them to Jesus. So, it's like he spanked Jesus."
Ouch!
Your kids say the cutest things! You will be so glad that you write them down. I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas holiday!
ReplyDeleteThat is great! What a way to look at it! I hope you guys had a great Christmas. You need to check out our blog to see the pics of our kids with Santa when he came to visit Christmas Eve! He is the BEST Santa!
ReplyDeleteI saw your pictures already. I love the real beard. He looks so great! He had to wear his fake beard when he was here as my kids are convinced that the REAL Santa comes to visit them every year before Christmas. I doubt we'll get away with that for much longer.
ReplyDeleteWe had a great Christmas! I loved seeing all of your kids. I would love to come and just have a blast with your kids!
I'm still laughing over this one....
ReplyDeleteat least she's listening in Primary, right???
Yes, it is very funny! Also makes you stop and think...
ReplyDeleteJust for the record. I don't spank my children often and after Sydney got "the spank", I went into her room to talk to her, gave her a huge and apologized.
ReplyDeleteSure makes for a great story though Brett :). Wouldn't be so great if the story was about me :).
ReplyDelete