Monday, November 17, 2008

One Down...

Well, we did it! The Primary Program is finally over WOO HOO! While the stress of of the whole thing could have been done without, I don't suppose I have ever been to a primary program that I liked so much. The kids were amazing, they sang as they should have and nothing like the practices. All kids were in line for the parts, much better than anticipated. Nobody fell back on their chairs causing blood blisters, and my daughter sang like an angel.

One of the kids that had a solo part came down with strep throat and Sydney really wanted a part in the program, so we asked her if she would be willing to step in and sing for him. She willingly did so.

5 years old.

Solo part in front of a couple hundred people.

Priceless.

Of course this doesn't compare to my cousin who sang the Star Spangled Banner in front of thousands at a Diamond Backs game when she was the mere age of 3.

Not the point.

I surrounded myself with angels yesterday. They ranged from ages 3 to 11 going on 12. I generally don't do well with the noise. I like reverence. They are all reverent for me. Not so much for others, but for me they are.

In a season of giving thanks I am ever so thankful for these angels, even in the midst of their noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment