Yesterday our bishop announced in sacrament meeting that we needed to come to church next week to sustain a new bishopric. Huh - they don't usually announce such things....oh well....
With the release of our bishop, I thought it appropriate that we have our bishop come into primary during the last hour to present him with some art work that some of the children had done. We were talking about things we are thankful for, building a "Thankful tree" with beautiful, colorful leaves. We invited our bishop to tell us things he was thankful for in Japanese. He served his mission there.
We had a very sweet spirit in the room. At the end of the hour, we invited the bishop back up and we sang a song to him. I offered to have him give the last words to the children. He told them of things that he learned while being a bishop.
Then it happened.
A little 8-year old boy on the front row raised his hand, and with a smile firmly stated "I know who the next bishop is!"
He turned back to look at his mom with that same smile on his face and....the smile was not returned....
Hmmm, I think I might know who it is :).
So long as it wasn't your kid, all is well... :-)
ReplyDeletewhew! It was NOT my kid!
ReplyDelete