Friday, December 28, 2007

Yesterday was a great day. We just relaxed as a family. I spent quite a bit of time online trying to find a heart rate monitor. The one that has all of the bells and whistles that I like is called the Garmin Forerunner 305.
Unfortunately, it is $100 more than I want to spend on a heart rate monitor. There are a bazillion reviews on this one though and many of them are positive. I received an Amazon gift card from my parents for Christmas so I am somewhat stuck on where I can purchase my little gadget. I also found a Polar Heart rate monitor the F11 version and it looks nice too.



It doesn't have the software that come with it though so I would have to purchase that separately, which then puts the price up to what I would pay for the Garmin. I did find another monitor on a different site that is within my price range, but again, I am somewhat stuck with Amazon as a large portion of the price is held up in a gift card. I hope to find something soon as I will start my workouts pretty heavily within the next day or so as I plan to participate in at least two triathlons this year and Brett and I have the goal to do at least one Century ride this year.

2 comments:

  1. Did you find the one you wanted? You are much more hard core than I ever plan to be. Chris thinks I am crazy for exercising twice a day but he finally has the desire to get in shape. That's progress. Keep up the good work. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I haven't found one yet. I tried on the Garmin and my wrists are small enough that I couldn't get it stable. I do have a Polar monitor that I got 10 years ago and lucky me - it started working again. So, for now I will use that until it stops working.

    ReplyDelete