Saturday, December 29, 2007
New Brother or a Vacation
Yesterday the kids and I went to Sandy to meet a cousin of my biological father. She took us to lunch and we visited for quite a while. We then went shopping for clothes for Sydney as she has a few pair of pants that actually fit. It was a very long day and by the time we got to Lehi, Sydney was crying and saying mean things to Ryan. She told him that she wanted a new brother. He said - "A new brother huh - well, you can't have a new brother because Mom can't have more kids." He continued to explain to her that there wasn't a possible way that she could have a new brother no matter what. I told him that I'm sure that he had done enough explaining and he said, "Well, maybe I just need to go on vacation." I giggled to myself and asked him why he would want to go on a vacation and he said "If I go on vacation, Sydney will miss me and want me for a brother." I giggled a little more as I've said before to him that I needed a vacation so that when I came home he would be happy to see me. Funny the things they pick up on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Very perceptive for Ryan. I like the whole "mom can't have more kids" thing being used as a tool. Too bad our kids aren't that smart yet! I love the things kids say.
ReplyDelete