The air outside is frigid, yet the sun still shines and reminds me that each day it will come up yet again. From the inside window it feels as if I can run out and enjoy the beautiful sunshine, but looks are deceiving.
I have so much on my mind, in my heart, yet the words don't seem to come. If you could take a peek inside of my self, no doubt you would be surprised at the things that trouble me. This past weekend those troubling things got the best of me. The wall I have put around my heart crumbled for just a moment, long enough to be painful for me and those I love.
I spent the day yesterday in fasting and prayer. On a typical fast Sunday, I am thinking of others. My prayers are directed towards those whom I know need extra blessings from our Heavenly Father. This day though, I needed to be a bit selfish. I needed the windows of heaven to be opened for me. As I prayed, I thanked my Father in Heaven for all that he has blessed me with. I know that I rarely deserve the blessings I have been afforded. In my prayers I also asked for Him to speak to me. I needed to know He was there. I needed to know that He knew my name.
Just after 6pm we had a knock at the door. We rarely have visitors, especially on a Sunday. Our visitors were our newly called bishop and his newly called counselor, sustained earlier in the day. They were here to let us know that we were loved. They wanted us to know that our Heavenly Father had prompted them to come.
I did not expect to have my prayer answered so quickly, but it was. These good men didn't know what I had been praying for. I didn't share my thoughts with anyone but the Lord.
Many things in my life are testimony builders for me. When I doubt, I am always surprised at the love that God has for me and my family. He always delivers. Always. He knows my name.
Deni, Thank you for sharing this tender mercy and blessing in your life. You could never call yourself selfish for praying and fasting for help…we all need God's strength to help us through, sometimes more than others!!! This is your time and how wonderful it is to know how ready He is to be there for you! I love you and your amazing family! May this new year bring wonderful things :)
ReplyDelete