Yesterday Ryan was given the opportunity to take a flight with the Make-a-Wish foundation. We arrived about 45 minutes early. The first flight was to leave at 10:00am. When we arrived they were just saying their goodbyes to their parents. Shortly after watching the plane taxi down the runway, we saw the plane return. I was surprised that they could take off and land so quickly. Shortly thereafter I heard the pilot mention that because of the fog, and horrible air quality, all flights were at least 45 minutes behind. So, rather than keeping those kids in the plane for 45 minutes on the runway, they brought them back to the terminal to wait.
While waiting, we were given a tour of the Life Flight hangar, and Ryan and I were able to ride around the airport and get an education on many of the planes there. Neither of us understood a thing the guy was saying, but that's ok. We got a great 'inside' look at the lives of what our chauffer called "The Rich and Famous".
| Ryan and the Co-Captain Sean |
| Ryan and Natalie Fish, both SCID buddies |
| International Aviation's Make A Wish Dream Chaser |
| Hopefully the ONLY time we will be in this helicopter, unless I get my dream one day and get to work in one. |
After Ryan took his flight, we headed to City Creek and had lunch. While we were sitting there President Uchtdorf of the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints walked by. I couldn't convince Ryan that we needed to meet him, but it was fun to see him anyway.
We did a bit of shopping, and then we went and sat in the parking lot of the Make-A-Wish building and waited for our chance to go and have Ryan declare his wish.
The wish declaring ceremony is something that I don't know that I'll ever forget. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was more than I ever dreamed of. Our family was there along with Grandma and Grandpa Berger, and Ryan's Spanish teacher and his wife and baby. It was so touching to go around the room and share our wishes for Ryan. He declared his wish to the 'wizard' and we took pictures. We were then lead to a room where Ryan had a note waiting for him. It was the official declaration that we will be going to London. I am in awe of the feelings that we felt, and the generosity of Make-A-Wish. They have treated us like we are the most important people in the world. My heart is full..
The wish declaring ceremony is something that I don't know that I'll ever forget. I'm not sure what I expected, but it was more than I ever dreamed of. Our family was there along with Grandma and Grandpa Berger, and Ryan's Spanish teacher and his wife and baby. It was so touching to go around the room and share our wishes for Ryan. He declared his wish to the 'wizard' and we took pictures. We were then lead to a room where Ryan had a note waiting for him. It was the official declaration that we will be going to London. I am in awe of the feelings that we felt, and the generosity of Make-A-Wish. They have treated us like we are the most important people in the world. My heart is full..
SOOO excited for you!! I can't wait for you to have this AMAZING experience in London!!YAHOO!!!
ReplyDelete