We've had a rough couple of weeks at our house. Sydney came down with a bad cold, which in turn became pneumonia, with an overnight stay in the hospital. I've learned that I know an awful lot about my children and their bodies. If I had a dollar for every time I was asked if I was a nurse over the past two weeks, I might be able to become a nurse. That dream will be realized one day.
As we sat in the hospital room last Sunday morning, there was talk of us going home. The doctor said "Mom, you're the one calling the shots here. There's no reason for you to pay to call the shots. You should go home where you can call the shots for free." I appreciated him. He recognized my knowledge of the situation and trusted that I could care for Syd at home. The downside to coming home was that we would have to send Ryan away. The plan was made for the boys to go to Grandma's house, and Sydney and I would come home.
It has almost been a week now that we have all been split up. Before the boys were gone, Syd was quarantined to her room for 5 days. This experience has not been fun, but we have learned to appreciate the small things.
Last night I had the privilege of going with Ryan to a play. I switched Brett places and spent the evening with Ry. I miss him and he misses me. As we were going to bed he came into my room and put his cheeks next to mine and caressed my hair and just stood there. It was as if he just wanted time to stand still. I felt the same way.
This morning when I dropped him off at school he said "I'm going to get my stuff s-l-o-w-l-y so I can spend just a few more minutes with the mommy."
All of this has gotten me thinking of life in an eternal perspective. I cannot imagine not being sealed to my family for eternity. I cannot fathom the thought that my marriage to Brett and my relationship with my kids could possibly end with death. I am SO grateful for the opportunity I had to enter a temple of God and be sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. My heart could not handle it any other way. Families are meant to be together.
WOW! What a crazy start to 2014! I hope Syd gets better super quick and that your family can be TOGETHER again soon! I also hope Ryan is doing well…keep up the great work Deni! You are the glue that holds your family together!
ReplyDelete