We have pretty good experience with pink eye and we know that early intervention is key. Our main problem was that we got new insurance on July 1st and we did not have cards or information that we could use to take her in.
Brett and I spent the next two hours online and on the phone with the on-call nurse with our new insurance trying to figure out the best course of action. In those two hours Sydney went to the rest room 15 times. She would feel the urge to go and then just go and sit. I knew then that we were not only dealing with pink eye, but that she also had a UTI and we needed to get her help. Of course that meant that we needed to find the closest ER as the closest urgent care didn't open until 10am and with Syd's diabetes, the urgency of her getting care is multiplied by 1,000.
By 5:30 I had finally gone in to wake Uncle Ken to see where we needed to take her for treatment.
We made our way to the ER and I have to say we were treated better there than most any other place we have ever gone for treatment. I was so impressed by the facility and within a couple of hours we were on our way with prescriptions. We then spent the next hour and a half trying to get to a 24-hour pharmacy. Each one we went to didn't open until 9 or 10. By the time we finally got to the 24-hour CVS, we could have sat in the parking lot of the first one we went to. Oh well.
By mid afternoon we were ready to head into DC to watch the fireworks at the nation's capitol. Sydney was feeling better and she had meds being pumped into her every few hours. We bought KFC to take with us to eat and I realized why I don't frequent the place. It was easier to do that than anything else though.
Our view of the fireworks was absolutely fantastic. I don't think we could have picked a better place to celebrate the birthday of our country and to wrap up our amazing trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment