I got up at 6am and showered. One of the items on the check-out list was to reline the trash can. You could get the liners at the front desk. I did not know if there would be anyone at the front desk that early, so I was very careful what I had to throw away and carried it all with me. I had heard the neighbors just as I was getting out of bed so I went ahead and vacuumed the room. I hoped they didn't hate me. I'm pretty sure the lady that I checked out with hated my guts though. She was NOT happy that I had vacuumed that early in the morning. Oh well. It was done, and I checked out.
Ryan had an X-Ray scheduled early in the morning. Nothing had been done before I arrived, which is what I had expected. Brett's report for the day was that Ryan slept well - I'm so glad. Brett even got some sleep himself. We were worried that he wouldn't be able to go to sleep because he slept all day, but thankfully he was able to drift of and get some much needed rest.
Shortly after 8am we took Ryan for the X-Ray. He still had his chest tube in and he was still feeling pretty rotten. The nurse had told me that once that tube came out he would feel 100% better. I didn't believe her. He looked miserable. During the X-Ray process he dry heaved again. Poor little buddy didn't have anything to throw up.
The X-Ray looked great so the decision was made to remove the chest tube. It took a while before anyone came to remove it, but the nurse was right - as soon as that sucker came out, Ryan perked right up. I couldn't believe it.
Ryan has an amazing friend that came and visited. We are grateful to the Rockwood family for coming. Sydney and her friend also came up to visit. For some reason I didn't get any pictures of that.
We spent the rest of the day resting and getting Ryan to eat. He wanted a steak so bad, so that is what he ordered for dinner. I was surprised that he ate most of it as up until that point his appetite had been nonexistent.
As we were leaving the hospital on day two, we opened the door and a lady was standing there with her dog. She asked if we wanted to participate in 'dog therapy'. Ryan loves dogs so we agreed. Below is Liberty, the big black poodle. She just laid on Ryan's bed and he played with her 'fluffy' hair.
By 7:45pm we were walking out the doors of the hospital. It is always good to be going home.

I am so glad you are home and glad that Brett is ok!! Seriously not fun to have two patients ;) We are praying for good results and answers to come quickly!!!
ReplyDelete