It is 30 degrees outside and all I want to do is ride. I gear up - three layers of pants, ear muffs, face mask, arm warmers and coat, thick gloves, glasses and helmet. As I glide down the driveway I ask myself "Is this really what you should be doing?" I don't really care today. I just want to ride.
The first half mile of my ride is uneventful. The wind is at my back and I feel pretty strong. Two seconds later I am turned on to another road and a wind gush nearly knocks my bike over. The voice inside my head clearly tells me to return home. Today is not the day. I struggle against the wind for the next mile and a half loop back to my home. I struggle to breathe and I keep telling myself to leave it on the road. Don't bring it home Deni, just leave it on the road.
It's funny how life is sometimes. Saturday I ran a 10k with a friend. I beat my time by over a minute and for some reason, that wasn't good enough. My calf is giving me trouble, and I feel like I have somehow failed because of it. I expect perfection, but what is perfect? A podium finish? I don't have that answer and I wish I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment