Just before the new year, I took Sydney shopping. She needed Sunday shoes. My thoughts have swirled around the phases we are going through with Sydney. She is becoming a lady. I miss the days where she was figuring out words and teasing us by getting her hands wet and acting like she was sneezing and getting us wet. I miss the fun-loving, little miss independent. My little girl is becoming a lady.
I'm an in-and-out kind of shopper. I like going into the store, finding what I need and leaving. Sydney likes going into a store, touching all of the items in the store, asking for everything she has touched, and touching some more. It absolutely drives me crazy. I try to remind myself that I am spending time with her and it isn't all that long before she will be out of my reach.
We looked all over the mall for shoes. We finally went to a store where a worker told us that if she could fit into a size 3 shoe, she could fit into a size 5 women shoe. So, off to the woman’s section we went. Of course all of the shoes on the woman’s side had 3 inch heels. She was convinced she needed them all. I reminded her that she was 8, not 16. I'm sure all of the people who passed us thought I was a terrible mother, but uhhh, she's 8.
We finally settled on a couple pair of shoes from the first store that we went to. She was thrilled, and beautiful, although a bit disappointed that they weren't high-heeled boots. I reminded her that she wasn't a baby, and she wasn't a teenager just yet. She was somewhere in between.
I think that in-between stage is one of the hardest! I am with you, I hate heels for little girls! I have to remind myself the same things when I shop with Emily...I am spending TIME it's OK that it's taking FOREVER...:) You are a great mom!
ReplyDelete