Sunday, May 22, 2011

Women's Conference - Day One Sister Dalton and ???

Well, here I am almost a month later and I have forgotten who spoke these wonderful words so I cannot give them the proper credit. I want this information documented though, so here it is anyway.

------------


  • It is better to please God than to please others. Our rewards for pleasing God are peace, joy and love. Our rewards for pleasing others are status and superiority. None of which last.
  • If we are having a hard time feeling at love with ourselves, keeping the commandments will boost our confidence.
  • As if principle - Treat them as if they are our own best friend.
  • Feelings of faith promote faithful behavior.
  • Love ourselves as much as we love our neighbors.
  • True greatness requires noticing and then doing something about it.
  • Quantity and Quality of our love for the Lord should be our yardstick by which we measure ourselves.
----------------

Sister Elaine S Dalton

Sister Dalton is one of my favorite speakers. She too spoke of the importance of our identity. She said
  • When we understand our identity, it defines all that we do.
  • Charity is there because Christ is there
  • Reach out and light up the life of a young woman
  • Winners help others succeed. We can change lives.
  • Recognize that each one is doing their best
  • What matters more in life is not winning for ourselves, but helping someone else win

    No comments:

    Post a Comment