Boston hadn't seen Temple Square, so for FHE we took a trip to SLC to see the sights. You forget how beautiful things are until you are there again.
We first visited the Beehive House. It was built in the 1800s and was one of Brigham Young's homes in the Salt Lake Valley.



I am amazed that it still stands, and that there are articles of clothing, books, toys, and other things that have been preserved. Our lives have changed so much from when the Pioneers first came to this valley. We are spoiled compared to what they had.

We spent time in the Tabernacle and heard the amazing acoustics there.

While I didn't get married at the Salt Lake Temple, I am still grateful for the meaning of it. This structure took 40 years to build.
Us in front of a waterfall just east of the temple. I'm grateful for digital pictures. I was able to crop out my muffin.We also took a tour of the top of the Conference Center. President Hinckley's vision of what it should be has been realized, and I am amazed at the beauty. There are actual living trees and shrubs that grow on top of that building. It is amazing.
Sydney looks so beautiful in this picture. It looks like you guys had a good time!
ReplyDelete