Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A lesson in life, my own....

Last night I spent quite a few hours going through old journals. I was looking for things I had written about a friend and her kids. I knew I had written a story, and I couldn't find it. What I did find however was a look into a life that I didn't realize I had.

With that said, if I die soon and you read my journal, and it has all things negative, maybe even about you, please know that I don't mean what was said.

It's amazing what stress can do to a person. It seems that when I would write in my journal it was almost undoubtedly a stressful moment where the actions of others around me where making my insides want to scream.

On one hand I want to go through and 'edit' my journal, taking out the negative and leaving the positive. If I did that, I would be editing hundreds of pages.

It is amazing to me what my words have taught just in the few hours since I read them.

Life is meant for joy.

I will work towards that joy.

I feel it more now.

Wounds have healed, and scar tissue has built up a wall that will likely protect me from future ailments as I have learned to react different. To love more, to judge less.

No comments:

Post a Comment