Have you heard the song that goes something like this...
"I've been watching you Dad, aint that cool
I'm you're buckaroo, I want to be like you
Eat all my food, and grow as tall as you are..."
I don't know who sings it, but it is cute. The little boy wants to be just like his dad.
Well, for the past few nights I have realized that I have a little one that wants to be a lot like ME.
She's cute. (No, I'm not saying I'm cute...She is!)
Anyway.
The boys (Ryan and Brett) play Guitar Hero, and the girls (Sydney and myself) fix dinner.
I remember being very young and wanting to help in the kitchen. Sydney is actually really good in the kitchen. The other night we made Cream Cheese Chicken. It is a recipe that is supposed to be made in a crock pot, but I rarely plan ahead, and I am a 30 minutes MAX to the table type of gal, so this is what we did...here's the recipe....then the directions...you get it.
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
1 pint jar of chicken (we canned these a couple of weeks ago) - Other canned chicken will do, or boil a couple chicken breasts (that takes longer though)
1 can cream of chicken soup
A little bit of chicken broth from the jar, or water/milk....you choose - you'll want the liquid just to make a nice consistency
1 pkg of italian dressing (the powder) or 1 pkg ranch dressing (the powder) - or 3 T ranch powder - whatever is in your kitchen.
Mixy all together and Heat thoroughly. I like to put the cream cheese in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it.
In a separate pan, boil water, add some pasta and cook until al dente and VOILA - Dinner. It's good. It's probably more fattening than I should eat since I am not a regular excersizer - Ok, so maybe that isn't a word...
But...
It is 30 minutes to the table
Oh yeah, back to Sydney. She did almost everything with this meal. I do a little supervising, but she does most of it and she is proud to help.
I am proud to let her. She's been watching me.
Its by Rodney Atkins called "Watching You"! I absolutely Love that song!! Kind of scary when you realize they watch EVERYTHING that you do!
ReplyDeleteIf you posted what you and Sydney cook every night, I wouldn't have to plan dinner. ha ha
ReplyDeleteGood idea?!? Tell her I'm proud she is a mini-u. I love you guys.