Last night I attended a running class in Orem. The instructor stressed multiple times how important it was for runners to hit the trails. My doctor had told me that several months back, but I didn't know where to go. Well, I finally asked the right person and I hit the trail today. Ahh, it was WONDERFUL! I did get a few scrapes from the bushes, but I don't know that I have ever really enjoyed a run so much. I ran for just over 58 minutes. I have no idea how far I went. I was advised last night to just run for time, not miles. It was great to just go out and come back and not worry about whether or not I was keeping up. Hopefully this new way of training will pay off. I guess we'll see on June 7th.
Also, as a side note, I swam a mile last night in 39:57 - Just over a minute under my previous swim. Improvement is improvement....
Been meaning to thank you for your encouragement on my blog! I don't know if you've read recently, but things have been frustrating lately. Don't think I know what the heck I'm doing! But I'm not giving up! Keep sharing your training experiences 'cause I'm learning from ya!
ReplyDelete